Monday, February 05, 2007

Mobile Scenario For the Future


Mobile Scenario For the Future, originally uploaded by tgray04.

Nick Jones, VP Distinguished Analyst, Gartner

My BlackBerry errored out and closed out my notes twice during the session. I lost all my notes. I will have to add more later.

Keep an eye on Nokia E Series and Windows Smartphone.

Don't buy devices with embedded 3G unless you take into account future upgrade costs.

Mobile users will expect to carry both a laptop and a mobile device through 2008 - no integration to a single device until after that.

If corporations are going to secure a device, the corporation must own the device.

Mobile threats will continue to grow through 2010, but security will be manageable

Don't focus on new corporate applications that don't add any real value.

On mobile applications, don't ask for information that is already known or can be deducted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home